The European Social Services Awards are organised by the European Social Network (ESN) to recognise excellence in social services, shining a spotlight on successful approaches and the extraordinary ongoing work done by those managing, planning and delivering public social services across Europe.
Its aims are:
- To identify and promote best practice in social services
- To recognise excellent work done in the field
- To encourage peers to work with and support each other in improving their practice
- To promote innovation in social services in Europe
- To engage the social services community at the awards ceremony
This first edition of the ESSA coincides with 20 YEARS of ESN as a network, building and exchanging knowledge in social services across Europe. As such, it will take place under a subject central to ESN’s work – Celebrating Quality in Care – also a key theme of the European Social Services Conference 2019 in Milan. The goal is to honour efforts to measure, manage and improve care quality over a variety of activities and target groups, from research to practice, from childcare to elderly care, and from carers to providers.
The entries, submitted in five categories, were shortlisted by a selected panel of experts and voted online. In line with ESN’s ethos of promoting peer relationships and a social service community, the ESN Excellence in Social Services Award was voted live by all those gathered at the Awards Ceremony on 6 December in Brussels.